Feed Our Children and Make Hunger Disappear
It’s a fact that many children depend on school breakfasts and lunches for their daily meals. When school is out their need for food can be critical.
St. Mary’s Food Bank distributes over 200,000 meals per day on an average day.
You can help by donating to St. Mary's, or by donating cash or food to St. Mary's at your neighborhood Safeway.
You can even help in person by visiting the “Hunger Wall” at Arrowhead Towne Center between Tuesday, May 28, and Sunday June 2, located inside, in front of Dick’s Sporting Goods. The “Hunger Wall” is a physical wall made up of over 5,000 cans of food uniquely constructed into the letters of the word HUNGER. Every time you make a donation cans of food will come down off of the Hunger Wall, and thus, you help make HUNGER disappear.
Plus, you’ll have an opportunity to enter for a chance to win a 50” TV and airline travel vouchers.
Did you know?
- A $1 donation to St. Mary’s can purchase 7 meals?
- St. Mary’s is a national first responder and is sending truckloads of food to tornado victims in Oklahoma?
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance is the world’s first food bank
- St. Mary’s alleviates hunger by efficiently gathering and distributing food to the hungry.
- St. Mary’s serves two-thirds of Arizona’s 15 counties
- A member of Feeding America, which is a network of more than 200 member food banks, St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance distributed more than 63.7 million pounds of food in fiscal year 2011-2012 to families and individuals.
Find out MORE about St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance. CLICK HERE!
Find out MORE about CBS 5 and “Pay It Forward.” CLICK HERE!